http://www.yellowrage.com/krabik/5541 Cool colorful dessert served chilled on a hot summer day can make anyone happy. This delicious and really indulging dessert is very easy to make and requires few special ingredients such as rooh afza, basil seeds, falooda sev or vermicelli.
http://www.canmarkindustries.com/mimido/936 But I would like you all to try it out once. You will simply love the refreshing rose flavor with soft falooda and basil seed.
check it out This recipe will be good for 2-3 servings.
conocer gente a partir de los 50 Ingredients:
2 ½ cups Whole Milk
2-3 tbsp Sugar( or to taste)
½ cup Falooda Sev or Vermicelli
1 tbsp Basil Seeds/Sabja seeds/Tukmaria
1 tsp of Vanilla Custard powder
Rooh-afza or any Rose syrup
Pinch of Cardamom powder
1-2 tsp Pistachios for Garnish
Few scoops of Vanilla Ice cream
2-3 tbsp of chopped strawberries (or any fruit of your choice and fruits are optional)
1) Boil 2 cups of whole milk in a heavy bottom pan till milk starts bubbling. Do stir occasionally so that milk doesn’t stick to the bottom and sides of the pan.
2) Meanwhile roast the vermicelli on medium flame till they get a light golden brown color. And if you are using falooda sev, then boil 2 cups of water separately in a different pan. Add the falooda sev to the boiling water and let it boil for about 3-4 minutes (or as instructed on the falooda sev packet). Turn off the flame and let the sev rest in hot water for a while. After that, drain the water and reserve the falooda sev in a strainer.
3) Soak basil seeds in one cup of water for about 10-15 minutes.
4) Add Custard powder to the remaining ½ cup milk and mix well.
5) When milk come to a boil, lower the flame and add roasted vermicelli and sugar to the boiling milk.
6) Stir occasionally and let the milk boil for more 8-10 minutes on low flame or until the vermicelli are soft.
7) Now add custard mixture to the boiling milk and let it boil for more 2-3 minutes. Switch off the flame after this is done.
8) Wait till the milk comes to room temperature.
9) Now when temperature of milk reduces, add in the rooh-afza, cardamom powder and soaked basil seeds and mix well.
10) Keep this mixture in refrigerator to chill for few hours.
11) At the time of serving – Take a bowl or glass, add in a scoop of Vanilla ice cream (or you can use kulfi also). Pour the prepared milk, vermicelli, custard and sugar mixture on the top of ice cream. Garnish the top with pistachios, tutti fruity (optional) and chopped fruits.
You can prepare the dessert ahead of time and just assemble it when your guests arrive (or when you are ready to eat 🙂 )