Bread Uttapam is very easy to make and can be served as a breakfast or snack. There is a slight twist to the traditional uttapam in this recipe. This recipe requires a handful of basic ingredients and can prepared in no time.
If you and your family members are waiting for new and different breakfast dishes daily, then definitely one should try this recipe.
This recipe will serve 2 to 3.
5 slices of bread
½ cup sooji or semolina
½ cup yogurt
½ small onion finely chopped
½ tomato finely chopped
1 green chillie finely chopped (or to taste)
¼ cup finely chopped capsicum
2 tbsp of chopped coriander
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 tsp red chillie powder (or to taste)
3-4 tbsp Ghee or oil
1) Mix sooji and yogurt in a bowl and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2) Finely chop onion, tomato, green chillie, capsicum and coriander.
3) Mix all the chopped vegetables in the sooji+yogurt mixture and mix well.
4) If required, add few tablespoons of water in the above mixture if you observe that the mixture is becoming very thick. We want the mixture to the consistency so that it is easily spreadable on the bread slice.
5) Add salt , black pepper and red chillie powder and mix well.
6) Now apply this prepared mixture on one side of the bread as evenly as possible.
7) Heat the skillet on medium flame and add 1-2 tsp of oil or ghee.
8) When the skillet is hot, place the bread slices with the mixture side down.
9) Let the slices cook for 3-4 minutes on one side.
10) Apply a little ghee on the other side and turn.
11) Cook until a nice golden brown color is seen.
12) Cut them diagonally and serve hot with Coriander/mint chutney or ketchup.