http://chalet-location-toussuire.com/medved/6668 Blueberry Cake can be a wonderful treat for your loved ones. It melts in your mouth and its sweetness goes perfect with sweet and sour taste of blueberries. This cake looks elegant and while preparing it your kitchen will be filled with wonderful aroma. You can serve this cake either with a cup of coffee or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
robaxin over the counter uk For the Cake
1/4 cup Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
1/3 cup Sugar
1 cup Blueberries (washed, dried and tossed with 2 tbsp flour)
2 cups All Purpose Flour (or maida) + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
1/8 cup Curd/Yogurt
1/2 cup Milk
1 Egg (For Eggless cake see notes)
Zest of a Lemon
For the topping of Cake
1 tbsp All Purpose Flour (or maida)
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter (cold)
1/8 cup White Sugar
1/8 cup Brown sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon Powder
this website Method:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2) Toss the washed and dried blueberries with 2 tbsp of all purpose flour and keep them aside.
3)Cream together butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer (or hand whisk) until they turn light and fluffy (whisk for about 2 mintues)
4) Add egg and vanilla essence, and again whisk for about a minute.
5)Add milk , curd and lemon zest to the above mixture and mix well.
6)In a separate bowl, mix 2 cups of flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
7)Mix together the ingredients of both the bowls, by adding wet ingredients (butter,sugar,milk,curd mixture) into the dry ingredients bowl (flour,salt,baking powder and baking soda)
8)Do not over mix in the above step. Mix until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated.
9)Fold in the tossed blueberries and lightly mix them in the prepared batter with the help of a spatula.
10) Finally pour the prepared cake batter in the greased cake pan.
11) Now, mix all the ingredients of the topping in a small bowl. By using a fork mix them well with the butter to form a crumbly mix.
12) Evenly spread this crumbly mix over the cake top and bake the cake for about 45 to 50 minutes in the oven or until the cake turns golden brown in color.
13) Check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake during the last 15 minutes of the baking time. If the toothpick comes out clean, then cake is cooked. And in case if the toothpick comes out with some wet batter on it, then bake the cake for few more minutes.
14) Cool the cake for about an hour and then serve and enjoy with loved ones.
Note: If you want to make it eggless, mix 1 tbsp flaxseed powder in 3 tbsp of water and wait for 5 mintues so that the mixture is combined well. Use this mixture in place of an egg.